KeePass 2.07 Beta available!
KeePass 2.07 Beta has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 2.07 Beta.
Please note that this is a Beta version, which might be less
stable than the latest release of the 1.x series.
KeePass 2.07 is backward compatible (i.e. you can open databases created
with KeePass 2.06), but as the database file format has been improved
not the other way round (i.e. KeePass 2.06 cannot
open databases saved with KeePass 2.07).
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available. The .NET assemblies are signed,
public keys for verifying are available.
For a comparison of the current KeePass 1.15 and 2.07 Beta, see:
Changes from 2.06 Beta to 2.07 Beta:
- Added powerful trigger system
(when events occur, check some
conditions and execute a list of actions; see options dialog
in 'Advanced'; more events / conditions / actions can be
added later based on user requests, and can also be provided
- Native master key transformations (rounds) are now computed
by the native KeePassLibC support library (which contains the
new, highly optimized transformation code used by KeePass
1.15, in two threads); on dual/multi core processors this
results in almost triple the performance as before (by
tripling the amount of rounds you'll get the same waiting
time as in 2.06, but the
protection against dictionary and
guessing attacks is tripled).
- Added recycle bin (enabled by default, it can be disabled in
the database settings dialog).
- Added Salsa20 stream cipher for
algorithm is not only more secure than ArcFour, but also
achieves a higher performance; CryptoRandomStream defaults to
Salsa20 now; port developers: KeePass uses Salsa20 for the
inner random stream in KDBX files).
- KeePass is now storing file paths (last used file, MRU list)
in relative form in the configuration file.
- Added support for importing 1Password Pro CSV files.
- Added support for importing KeePass 1.x XML files.
- Windows XP and higher: added support for double-buffering in
all list views (including entry lists).
- Windows Vista and higher: added support for alpha-blended
marquee selection in all list views (including entry lists).
- Added '
DeleteAllEntries' commands in KPScript scripting tool.
- Added support for importing special ICO files.
- Added option to exit instead of locking the workspace after
the specified time of inactivity.
- Added option to minimize the main window after locking the
- Added option to minimize the main window after opening a
- Added support for exporting to KDBX files.
- Added command to remove deleted objects information.
- TrlUtil now checks for duplicate accelerator keys in dialogs.
- Added controls in the entry editing dialog to specify a
custom text foreground color for entries.
- KeePass now retrieves the default auto-type sequence from
parent groups when adding new entries.
- The password character picking dialog can now be invoked
multiple times when auto-typing (use
- Added '
-get-urloverride' command line options.
- Added '
-set-translation' command line option.
- Added option to print custom string fields in details mode.
- Various entry listings now support custom foreground and
background colors for entry items.
- Added 'click through' behavior for menus and toolbars.
- File association methods are now UAC aware.
Improvements / Changes:
- User interface is now blocked while saving to a file (in
order to prevent accidental user actions that might interfere
with the saving process).
- Improved native modifier keys handling on 64-bit systems.
- Improved application startup performance.
- Added image list processing workaround for Windows 7.
- OK button is now reenabled after manually activating the key
file checkbox and selecting a file in the master key dialog.
- The master key dialog now appears in the task bar.
- When KeePass is minimized to tray and locked, pressing the
global auto-type hot key doesn't restore the main window
- The installer now by default installs KeePass 1.x and 2.x
into separate directories in the program files folder.
- The optional autorun registry keys of KeePass 1.x and 2.x do
not collide anymore.
- File type association identifiers of KeePass 1.x and 2.x do
not collide anymore.
- File MRU list now uses case-insensitive comparisons.
- Improved preview updates in Print and Data Viewer dialogs.
- Message service provider is thread safe now.
- Threading safety improvements in KPScript scripting plugin.
- Improved control state updates in password generator dialog.
- Improved master password validation in 'New Database' dialog.
- Times are now stored as UTC in KDBX files (ISO 8601 format).
- Last access time fields are now updated when auto-typing,
copying fields to the clipboard and drag&drop operations.
- KPScript scripting tool now supports in-memory protection.
- Database is not marked as modified anymore when closing the
import dialog with Cancel.
- Added asterisks in application policy editing dialog to make
clearer that changing the policy requires a KeePass restart.
- Double-clicking a format in the import/export dialog now
automatically shows the file browsing dialog.
- Improved permanent entry deletion confirmation prompt.
- Improved font objects handling.
- Expired groups are now rendered using a striked out font.
- Improved auto-type statement conversion routine in KeePass
1.x KDB file importer.
- Clipboard clearing countdown is not started anymore when
copying data fails (e.g. policy disabled).
- Improved synchronization with URLs.
- The database maintenance dialog now only marks the database
as modified when it actually has removed something.
- KeePass now broadcasts a shell notification after changing
the KDBX file association.
- Improved warning message when trying to directly open KeePass
1.x KDB files.
- Improved Linux / Mac OS X compatibility.
- Improved MSI package (removed unnecessary dependency).
- TrlUtil: improved
- Installer now checks for minimum operating system version.
- Installer: file association is now a task, not a component.
- Installer: various other improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- When cloning a group tree using drag&drop, KeePass now
assigns correct parent group references to cloned groups and
- Fixed crash when clicking 'Cancel' in the settings dialog
when creating a new database.