KeePass 2.20 available!
KeePass 2.20 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 2.20.
This is a stable release. It is recommended to upgrade from any
previous 2.x version to 2.20.
KeePass 2.20 mainly features a KDBX file security enhancement,
usability and integration improvements,
and various other minor new features and improvements.
If you are using KeePass together with a port of KeePass and the port has
problems with opening database files saved by KeePass 2.20, please read the page
KeePass 1.24 and 2.20 Header
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available. The .NET assemblies are signed,
public keys for verifying are available.
For a comparison of the current KeePass 1.24 and 2.20, see:
If you like KeePass, please don't forget to donate.
Changes from 2.19 to 2.20:
- Header data in KDBX files is now authenticated (to prevent
silent data corruption attacks; thanks to P. Gasti and K. B.
- Added management of working directories (a separate working
directory is remembered for each file dialog context; working
directories are remembered relatively to
management can be deactivated by turning off the new option
'Remember working directories').
- Added option to cancel auto-type
when the target window title changes.
- Added quick search box in the toolbar of the
internal text editor.
- Files can now be attached to entries by using drag&drop from
Windows Explorer to the attachments list in the entry editing
- Added '
-pw-stdin' command line option
to make KeePass read the master password from the StdIn stream.
- Added placeholders
to get parts of the entry URL:
- Added a 'Details' button in the plugin load failure message
box (when clicked, detailed error information for developers
- Added warning icon left of the Windows
user account option
description in the master key creation dialog.
- Added support for more image file formats (e.g. when
importing custom client icons).
- Added support for importing DesktopKnox 3.2 XML files.
- The generic CSV importer
now guesses whether the option to ignore the first row should be enabled or not (the user of
course can still specify it manually, too).
- Added support for exporting to KeePass 1.x CSV files.
- Added support for moving the PLGX cache to a different remote
- The Spr engine is now extensible, i.e. plugins can provide
- On Unix-like systems, KeePass now uses the '
xsel' utility for
clipboard operations, if '
xsel' is installed (in order to
work around Mono clipboard bugs).
- Added Mono workaround to set the
- Added workaround for Mono splitter bug.
- The '
PrepMonoDev.sh' script now removes the serialization
assembly generating post build event.
- TrlUtil: added support for importing PO files.
Improvements / Changes:
- Improved FTP file existence checking.
- High DPI UI improvements.
- The database is not marked as modified anymore when using in-place
label editing to fake-edit a group's name (i.e. when
the final new name is the same as the previous one).
- Password is not auto-repeated anymore when trying to unhide
it fails due to the policy
'Unhide Passwords' being disabled.
- Improved menu accelerator and shortcut keys.
- Changed IO connection name display format.
- Improved browser detection on Mac OS X.
- Task dialog thread safety improvements.
- Added UI check during import for KPScript.
- Upgraded and improved installer (now uses Unicode, LZMA2
- Various UI improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- On Windows systems, new line sequences in text to be shown in
a standard multiline text box are now converted to Windows
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).