KeePass 1.15 available!
KeePass 1.15 has been released today!
You can get it here:
Download KeePass 1.15.
This is a stable release. It is recommended to upgrade from any
previous version to 1.15. KeePass 1.15 is 100% backward
compatible with previous versions.
This version mainly features a completely new plugin architecture, and
various other minor new features and improvements.
Hash sums and
OpenPGP signatures for integrity checking
are available. New translations and
plugin builds are available, too.
If your TANs are displayed incorrectly, please read
KeePass Knowledge Base:
Changes from 1.14 to 1.15:
- Completely new plugin
(exposing a lot more
functionality to plugins, faster, requires less memory, safer
memory management / cross-module calls, more secure, and
allows independent development of KeePass and plugins, i.e.
starting with 1.15 KeePass can be updated without requiring
plugins to be updated and vice versa).
- Added option to use advanced
in-memory protection (DPAPI,
only Windows Vista and higher; the key is stored in a secure,
non-swappable memory area managed by Windows; option enabled
- The hash of the master key and its transformed version are
now in-memory protected.
- Added help source selection dialog (by default the online
help center is used).
- Added '
-get-urloverride' command line options.
- Focused disabled menu items are now drawn with a transparent
- Windows XP and higher: added support for double-buffering in
the entry list.
- Windows Vista and higher: added support for alpha-blended
marquee selection in the entry list.
options (these override the option to disable unsafe
operations and the mini mode
setting; they are only loaded
from the enforced and global INI files,
not the local one).
KeeDisallowPrintingPasswords configuration option to
disallow printing passwords and viewing them in the print
- Added multi-user documentation.
- Improved plugin loading performance.
- Plugins don't need to be manually enabled anymore (just copy
the plugin files into the KeePass application directory).
- Improved main menu items order.
- Improved main menu accelerators.
- Improved group main menu item texts.
- Improved performance of various entry list operations.
- Hash of master key is now cleared when closing a database.
- Hash of file key is now cleared after opening/saving files.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- Fixed cursor navigation problem in secure edit controls.
- Fixed random access violation in
Plugins and Extensions
Useful little plugins and extensions that
provide additional functionality (import /
export, database backup, ...).